In this video I:
* Demonstrate how I stitched the skin tone on my Mirabilia piece using 1 over 1, to create a softer, more subtle look.
* Explain how to create blended stitches using the same technique.
* Demonstrate using a temporary outline and why I found it necessary.
* Compare the 1 over 1 and 2 over 2 stitches within the same area.
* Show the completed stitching on the Mirabilia so you can see the final outcome.
Mirabilia Mermaid of Atlantis is stitched on 28ct Lugana. Stitching demonstration is shown on 28ct Linen.
A WORD OF WARNING: This technique is not for everyone, as it is VERY time consuming and tedious.
I recommend using a magnifier to help you as the stitches are very tiny.
I hope you enjoy this video and find this tutorial useful. Please comment below with any questions or comments.
All opinions expressed are my own.
Please follow me on Instagram for daily cross stitch updates: carmaz9
Happy Stitching 🙂 x